The mission of Wisconsin Cares is to foster an environment in Wisconsin that maximizes the potential for all children to develop into productive citizens. This mission will be pursued by working with other organizations and individuals in order to create a realistic vision for Wisconsin’s parents and children by:
• Identifying elements in policies and programs that mitigate against optimal developmental environments for children;
• Making recommendations to appropriate bodies for the amelioration of such problems;
• Identifying models that hold promise for improving the development and well-being of children in Wisconsin;
• Stimulating public awareness of impediments to the development and well-being of children in Wisconsin.
Wisconsin Cares is dedicated to creating an environment that fosters the optimal development of all children in Wisconsin by:
• comprehensive approaches to promoting the well-being of parents and children in their neighborhoods and communities;
• early assistance when a child’s development is threatened or hindered by environmental, physical, mental, or emotional factors;
* protective and rehabilitative opportunities when a child is at risk of being harmed, or has been harmed, by neglect or abuse; and
* innovative partnerships and collaborative relationships between public and private agencies; between state agencies; between citizens and voluntary organizations; between political parties; and between families, schools, agencies, and professionals.